Re: [CQ-Contest] seeking 9band bandpass filter unit

To: "Charles Harpole" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>, "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Charles Harpole" <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] seeking 9band bandpass filter unit
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 01:04:45 +0500
Charly,
I do not know about 2K-FA but I used SO2R with 1K-FA, pair of K3 and no filters. You can actually test and measure isolation between 2 radio ports on the amp with SDR and signal source prior to applying high power. There is one company in Russia who makes 6 band BPF in opne box but the site is in Russian http://remo-zavod.ru/katalog/katalog-produkcii/hamradio/polosovye-filtry/monoblok-bpf-block-luxury

73, Igor UA9CDC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Harpole" <hs0zcw@gmail.com> To: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>; "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>; "Charles Harpole" <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:09 PM

The full answer for WHY WARC desired for BP filters.

I have one SPE Expert 2K-FA amplifier which provides for six antenna
outputs and two inputs, all switchable automatically as driven by my TWO
transceivers.

I would like to do general operating and DXing where I can be, for example,
on 20meters with Yaesu and with the touch of a mic or key, immediately on
17meters with K3--both working via the amplifier which has followed from
Yaesu to K3.  Then, go back to Yaesu which is now moved to 12 meters and
amplifier gets Yaesu RF and switches away from K3.

The K3 is then put on 80 meters and when the DX stands by there, a dit puts
the K3 ON and changes the Yaesu to no connection at that time (but waiting
on 12m).

All these choices lead me to want BandPass filtering on both radios, with
automatic band switching, and with WARC fully integrated into the system.

This would give me seamless selection of 6 contest bands and three WARC
bands.
You could tell me to just use the 160 meter switch position of the 6 band
box to feed into a separate WARC box, but my Amplifier responds to band
selection to feed the 6 antenna sockets and that is not an easy nor
acceptable solution.

That is the full story.

However, the SPE Expert 2K-FA automatic switch between Radio 1 and Radio 2
COULD possibly have enough isolation to not need a BP filter. I have asked that question of the factory. If the isolation is enough, I do not need BP
filters.

If you can understand my convoluted answer, let me know and i will send to
you another Ph.D. degree.   Tnx 73, Charly