Re: [CQ-Contest] Why send 5nn ?

To: <n1ix@n1ix.com>, "'Jukka Klemola'" <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why send 5nn ?
From: "Mark van Wijk, PA5MW" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 18:44:34 +0200
Oh yes there is: the '5' is currently replaced by 'E' where the RST exchange becomes effectively "ENN"

I believe this is pushing it beyond the reasonable and I will not use it.
Next the copiable 5NN is commonly easy recognized as the short version of 599. Stations sending ENN on weak signal level will create unclear message transmissions as the single 'E' offers less momentum.
It is several big guns using ENN now instead of 5NN

73 Mark, PA5MW

-----Original Message----- From: n1ix@n1ix.com