Re: [CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:15:50 -0400
I personally don't care about a paper certificate, but do remember the
excitement of receiving my first one. In fact, it was the certificate that
encouraged me to come back to the contesting world having left it when I was in
my early 20s.

One thing that I genuinely don't understand is what exactly is CQ Magazine's
sponsorship? If they have a problem with mailing the certificates then what's
left?

The way I see things, it is the contest that is funding the magazine, not the
other way around. Without the different contests the magazine will have no
appealing contest, circulation will go down, advertisers will pull their
marketing dollars, the magazine will cease to exist.  The publishing business
is all about eyeballs and without the contests there will be no eyeballs.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.