[CQ-Contest] [ MIT Technology Review ] "A Video-Game Algorithm to Solve

To: cq contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] [ MIT Technology Review ] "A Video-Game Algorithm to Solve Online Abuse"
From: Steve Sacco NN4X <nn4x@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:21:02 -0400
Obviously, online gaming isn't exactly the same as radiosport, but with the recent discussion regarding cheating and cheaters, I thought the section of this article regarding how to best change behavior was interesting and applicable to us.

Here's a snippet:

[ QUOTE ]
Lin says the system dramatically improved what the company calls “reform rates.” A player who has previously received a penalty, such as a suspension from ranked matches, is considered reformed if he or she avoids subsequent penalties for a period of time. “When we added better feedback to the punishments and included evidence such as chat logs for the punishment, reform rates jumped from 50 percent to 65 percent,” he says. “But when the machine learning system began delivering much faster feedback with the evidence, reform rates spiked to an all-time high of 92 percent.”
[ /QUOTE ]

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/541151/a-video-game-algorithm-to-solve-online-abuse

73,

Steve Sacco NN4X