Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R

To: "Joe" <nss@mwt.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:24:04 +0000
Crusty connection somewhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe [mailto:nss@mwt.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2015 07:45 PM
To: cq-contest@contesting.com

Dirty Tranny?And the amp is adding another layer of filtering to the exciters
signal?Joe WB9SBDSigThe Original Rolling Ball ClockIdle
TymeIdle-Tyme.comhttp://www.idle-tyme.comOn 9/13/2015 7:50 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA
wrote:> You won’t believe this guys……but I turned on my amp yesterday (in
between soldering up a really cool YCCC SO2R+ kit) just to blow some dust out
as I haven’t used it in a long time and believe it or not…..running ~500w, the
stub knocks down the 2nd harmonic 20-25dB or so, but when only running the
exciter @ 1W to 100W, the harmonic does not get knocked down at all ! WTF ?!
How can that even be? LOL>> >> The harmonic also sounds slightly cleaner
running the amp than NOT running the amp.>> >> I hesitated to post this to
CQ-CONTEST for fear you’ll all wonder just what the heck it is we’re drinking
up here in NB…>> >> I tend to joke around a lot, but I swear this is true.>> >>
Mike VE9AA>> >> Mike, Coreen & Corey>> Keswick Ridge, NB>> >>