Re: [CQ-Contest] Linux Logging Programs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Linux Logging Programs
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 00:11:54 +0900 (JST)
In article <56279D9C.9000907@arrl.net>,
        Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com> wrote,
        on "Wed, 21 Oct 2015 08:13:48 -0600";

> Why a hardware/firmware solution when there are simple, free, software
> solutions, such as AutoHotKey (for Windows) ?

That solution needs an installation to the PC which I don't own.  I might
not allow someone to install a software on my PC for security reason.  The
bottom line is that the PC owner does not need to worry about this point.
I have no experience with AHK, but is it possible to revert (clear) the
setting immediately?  The situation happens when operator is changed.

> What contesting software doesn't have the capability to send a RIT
> clear command ? Yes, there are radios that don't support an RIT clear
> command, but that isn't the fault of the contesting software.

I might have mislead.  For my case, I'd want to clear RIT by hitting
a shortcut.  But as far as I know, RIT clear can be done by writing a
macro to the message for some logging software.  For the radios which
have no capability of RIT clear, like Icom, I realized with the device
by reverting RIT offset to zero examining current RIT offset over CI-V.
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM