Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote op & Who is this guy, really?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote op & Who is this guy, really?
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:32:46 -0600
Gerry,

I think you miss my point to some degree.  I had tried to carefully not accuse
anyone of anything or start a flame war.  I think I acknowledged inclusiveness
of opinions.  Everyone has perfectly good intentions here.  For any degree that
it appeared otherwise, I apologize.  I also do not mean to imply that the rules
prevent any of this; as far as I know they do not and neither N6TR nor anyone
else is a cheater.  Nor will any of your projects set my hair on fire.  Do as
you like with my blessings, I am only offering my opinions about the direction
of contesting.  I've earned the right to do that, and I think I did so
respectfully.

But, I definitely do not agree with you that a non-ham can know nothing about
it.  An "outsider" can provide valuable perspective, and many of us do not see
this type of operation as a positive thing.  It is not silly to note their
perspective, it is a way to gauge my own reaction against those with no stake
in the matter, who look at aspects of a competitive sport with a neutral
opinion on the technology.  Please don't dismiss their intelligence.

Noting all this publicly for discussion is very valuable.  I hope I have opened
the door for others to comment who appear to have been reluctant to do so.

73,
Drew K3PA