Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC qualifying (was Fwd: Re: Why some Caribbean Island

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC qualifying (was Fwd: Re: Why some Caribbean Islands compete as South America)
From: Oliver Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:47:04 +0100

However, I've seen some weird things happening during the last two
qualifying runs. Things like guys jumping from one category to another to
get more points than their friends make no good to our hobby, though those
situations are totally allowed by the rules.

Imagine a station that has tons of aluminum to compete against other high
power mates, entering LP against stations that have been traditionally LP
with modest antennas. Is that real competition?
Imagine someone that know a buddy will enter SOAB and changes to MS or
SOAB(A) because he/she has better chances of getting more points? Is that
real competition?

Are you saying you don't like strategists, Martin, because they are so good at finding the right (winning) strategies, be it the right operating decisions, choice of category, a.s.o.? What did I miss here? I thought that's what contesting is all about ... beating all others. ;-)

And who says good antennas (tons of aluminum) may only be used by high power stations? What are the LP and QRP guys (like myself sometimes) supposed to use then? Dummyloads only? ;-)

Concerning all the rest of the current discussion(s): Life just ain't fair! Get over it ... and have fun!

Vy 73, Olli - DH8BQA
http://www.dh8bqa.de