Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC qualifying

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC qualifying
From: "JIM NEIGER" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:47:42 -0800
I thought my idea of some years ago had "merit", but as I appeared to be the only one - it didn't fly too far. In essence:

Your two man team plunks down 5000 Euros (too much?? too little??) and you've qualified. A team can be ANY two operators, regardless of nationality, continent, etc. Rationale:

a) Demonstrating a willingness to spend your hard earned would 'suggest' to you that you're good enough to compete - ergo qualified

b) WRTCs can be pretty much 'self' financed

c) Each entry fee guarantees you a 1) site, 2) antenna(s), 3) tent or ??, 4) tables/chairs

Two man teams without the hard earned get their national club to sponsor.

Eliminates all the drama.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger   N6TJ     Team OJ2F - WRTC 2002

-----Original Message----- From: Radio K0HB