Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking
From: "Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@kr6x.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:15:51 -0800
You know, for all the opinions expressed on distanced based scoring in
contests, I still think the answer only comes when we try it out and see if we
enjoy the operating.  I, for one, would love trying it out.  International,
each contact scored by distance divided by transmitter power during that
contact, 160/80/40/20/15/10m, work once on CW once on phone per band (where
allowed) DXCC countries and US states, Canadian provinces, and Russian subjects
of the federation, as multipliers by band and mode. 40 hours hours operation in
a 48 hour weekend for single operator, 48/48 for multi operators and unlimited.
 No awards needed.  Scores published online.  Rules voted for next year.