Re: [CQ-Contest] SH5 Station Location Errors

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SH5 Station Location Errors
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 08:57:59 +0700
Hi John,

I think your e-mail got lost in the "Category hopping" discussion tsunami,
which purpose I don't understand at all.

Regarding "geographical" stats, I don't know how SH5 determines it.
However with QScope you can manually set your "main station" locator and run
the stats.
Accuracy of the results will depend on the contacted station locator
information found in your log.
Usually Cabrillo log does not contain locator info, and data will be "guessed"
from AD1C Country-Files informations, sometime accuracy will be as bad as a
whole country (pretty large for the US, Australia, Russia or China).

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y