Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time for a new cq-contest forum format?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time for a new cq-contest forum format?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 22:34:55 -0700

Yes, but then it wouldn't be real time, and likely more of a hassle to moderate.

I would have thought that was obvious ...

Dave   AB7E

On 12/19/2015 6:57 PM, Barry wrote:
Forums can be moderated, too.
Barry W2UP

On 12/19/2015 12:22, David Gilbert wrote:

Except that this is a moderated list.

Dave  AB7E

On 12/19/2015 8:29 AM, Barry wrote:
Sorry to interrupt the "please copy" discussion, but...

I wonder what everyone thinks about transitioning this 1980s-style email list over to a modern web-based forum format such as vBulletin?

Advantages:
-Real-time posting, so that someone's question doesn't get 15 almost identical replies caused by the multi-hour delay from the time a post is made until it is approved for distribution -An easier way to follow a topic, seeing all previous, relevant posts on the topic in a logical sequence
-An easier way to follow a topic, as each subject is in its own thread
-Easy access to archives and search
-Ability to easily skip threads/posts that don't interest you.

With all the tech-savvy people that participate here, I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed before, or has it? The 3830scores web site was a great improvement over the earlier 3830 list. Why not the same for cq-contest - your thoughts?

Barry W2UP

---

---