[CQ-Contest] CQWW popularity from EUR Perspective: data

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW popularity from EUR Perspective: data
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 17:16:26 -0000
Trent,

The first two words of my post were "Just imagine." It was a thought
experiment, nothing more.

I am old enough, just barely, to remember when the ARRL International DX
Competition had QSO quotas: six contacts per DXCC country (1960s). It was a DX
contest then, not a run contest.

It's always a thrill for me to work a VK, a ZL, or anybody that far away. I am
absolutely sure that I have never worked six VKs in a contest. Maybe you could
teach the code to some kangaroos and get them licensed.

K1TN

Every change to a rule has an opposite reaction...
Offering USA multipliers to USA stations would mean you (USA)  would
concentrate on a clean sweep and not chase DX - we have enough trouble getting
USA stations to point to VK in most contests without an added disincentive.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
TrentVK4TS PO Box 275 Mooloolaba 4557 0408497550
Please note I no longer use the WIA email address where possible owing to it
blocking emails from sites such as VK Logger and ARRL.