Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW popularity from EUR Perspective: data

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW popularity from EUR Perspective: data
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 16:06:19 -0600
or to help level things out at least the ten districts, then it's really close to Canada.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 12/23/2015 3:09 PM, KB8N via CQ-Contest wrote:
Amen.
I had a two year assignment to Europe in the early 90s, where I held the
call DA1AM.  Let me tell you, the adrenalin rush from an  almost
inexhaustable number of multipliers on the low bands made the  contest really
incredible.  Being that far north, you could sometimes get  some Auroral effect
going
on and pick up the continental mults on teh higher  bands as well.  In any
case, it provided a deep well of scoring  opportunities throughout the 48
hour period.
I've always wondered why we didn't include states as multipliers when we
allow Canadian provinces to be counted.
Paul K5AF In a message dated 12/23/2015 1:37:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jamesdavidcain@gmail.com writes:

  >Remember, that there is an incentive for EU's to work each other on the
  low
bands...to a much greater degree than for USA types to work each  other
(one
zone and done).

That's a PERFECT  example of the problem with current contest scoring
rules.
  >>73, Jim K9YC

Just imagine ... if the ARRL DX Contest  counted U.S. states and Canadian
provinces as multipliers for U.S.  and Canadian participants. Even if the
contacts counted only one  point, or even zero points.

  K1TN