Re: [CQ-Contest] Uniques, Busted, Bads in CQWW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Uniques, Busted, Bads in CQWW
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 22:21:31 -0500
Any voluntary survey is always going to reflect those who choose to respond.

If the majority are silent, they deserve to have others' views prevail.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 12/31/2015 4:43 PM, Trent Sampson wrote:
Not a contest goes by from VK4KW where we do not get a heap of emails (300 was
the best) with the constant message - Never worked a VK before..in X years of
hamming
One of the key features of the success of the CQWW was clarity in the rules and
not tinkering with them
It is getting to the point there will be a category for Left handed Single
radio 8 hour Unsociable misfits.
The changes to the CQ WPX have us seriously thinking of doing the ARRL and RDX
the weekend before and skipping the WPX .... as it is becoming obvious many
others are....
One feature of Surveys -
If they are not constructed correctly you will get skewed results
If they are constructed correctly you will get the answer YOU want
If they are constructed properly you may get the answer you don't want to see.
But above all you will have answers from people who take surveys.
Don't make the mistake of listening to the vocal minority and ignoring the
silent majority.

Happy New Year 2016
TrentVK4TS PO Box 275 Mooloolaba 4557 0408497550
Please note I no longer use the WIA email address where possible owing to it
blocking emails from sites such as VK Logger and ARRL.