Re: [CQ-Contest] Working Split In A Contest Is Verboten!

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Working Split In A Contest Is Verboten!
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:33:58 +0300
Tend to agree with Tree.

Although I have never been at a station during a contest where split has
been required, I do not exclude the possibility that I sometimes will...

I would not have any ethical issue to split on 10 meter CW or SSB, if I
used small splits and choose a frequency high up in each part of the band
segments. There is also the possibility of separating calls by listening
few hundred Hz up or down on CW (as several has indicated).

What I am more hesitant about is dual CQ on two different frequencies on
the same band for multi op stations - especially on SSB. That consumes a
lot of space for just the desire for a few to optimize the rate. If this
behavior becomes a standard, small pistols will just have to practice S&P
during SSB contests at least.

Split operation on narrow and crowded phone bands is of course debatable as
well, but for short openings across the pole, even such might be motivated.

Use common sense and all will be ok in 99% of the cases....

73 de RM2D, Mats