Re: [CQ-Contest] The K3 and key clicks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The K3 and key clicks
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:33:07 -0800
On Wed,2/24/2016 8:42 PM, Mats Strandberg wrote:
Elecraft might be best in class, but there are many others that fulfill
criteria for being a clean rig.

Just to mention one, the TS 590 S (and most likely the newer model SG) are
excellent CW-rigs without any tendency of clicking.

Apparently you did not bother to read TXNoise.pdf In it, I observed that ARRL tests of the TS590S showed it to be second best to the K3, twice as clean as the ICOM rigs (7600, 7800), four times cleaner than Yaesu FTDX5000.

BTW -- N7WS, a highly respected US engineer, told me in direct email that the 590S does have a problem with spewing low level noise when it goes into TX. He discovered and documented this several years ago, but I, and probably most others, missed it.

73, Jim K9YC