[CQ-Contest] SSB Voice Keying

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSB Voice Keying
From: Björn SM0MDG <bjorn@sm0mdg.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:00:46 +0100
Hi,

I have for a few years used the voice keying features of N1MM, mainly when
operating my station via remote from our city apartment. This has worked out
fairly well and has been keeping my family asleep during the most intense
moments of the night. But with the upgrade of N1MM to N1MM+ voice keying is not
as smooth anymore. The biggest difference is that a slight delay is being
introduced between letter and number files making the exchange sounding very
robotic.

I’d like to hear what other solutions are out there. I am looking for something
that lets me run a complete SSB contest without saying a word into the
microphone. I want it to sound as natural as possible and it should handle
sequential number exchanges or anything else contest promotors can throw at us
as an exchange. It should be possible to use it with N1MM and/or Wintest.
Software solution is preferred but I won’t rule out hardware if not software
can provide this.

Is there anything like this out there?

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG