Re: [CQ-Contest] Idea for re-defining categories - long

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Idea for re-defining categories - long
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 11:22:36 -0400
Hi Duane:

I strongly disagree with allowing local skimmers, robots, and other similar
technological aids in single operator classes - whether locally or remotely
located.

I propose an alternate guiding principle:

All information used to increase the participant's score during the contest
period is decoded by the participant by ear using only the frequency bands and
modes used for the contest.

I believe the digital modes are a completely different case.  Since I don't
compete using those modes, I won't comment further on those modes.

This is consistent with the CQ WW rule placing operators using code readers in
the Assisted class - and for some of the same reasons.

It is intentionally more restrictive than the current rules.

73,

Mark
KD4D