Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional penalties

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional penalties
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:29:09 -0500
Isn't typing a part of logging the QSO? should be a better typer. just like if you had bad penmanship in the old days.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 4/13/2016 10:32 AM, James Cain wrote:
I agree with Hans, K0HB. This is not about penalties for "inaccurate copying," it's about
making a keyboard mistake typing in the info. This is not about "guessing." It's about
g.d. getting on the air and handing out some QSOs as best you can, typing them in as accurately as
you can, converting your log to Cabrillo, submitting it to the contest sponsor to let them know you
appreciate the opportunity to have some fun on the radio.

So I type "3" instead of "4." So I do not get credit for the QSO. Fine, fair
enough. A penalty is ridiculous. I agree with Hans.

Jim Cain K1TN/4