[CQ-Contest] NIL increases

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NIL increases
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:15:56 -0400
Anyone else notice a significant increase in NIL over the past couple of
years and said "what gives?" and also wonder why the dupe rate of notable
callsigns is rising?  Now that I am starting to "try" and record contests, I
have discovered the answer.

People are pouncing on spots, calling you, and moving on.  Except you
weren't the one spotted.  They didn't check.  Literally 24 of the 27 NILs I
had in CQWW SSB were this, while I was running.  I could listen very
carefully to the noise floor plus before and after to be sure there was no
one else trading Qs with me running that I couldn't hear.  Only in one case
did that sound possible.  Plus there are usually a number of those in a row
when that is happening, and these are random through the weekend.

Get used to it getting worse as time goes on.  Better work that DUPE.  He
doesn't think he worked you.

73

Ed  N1UR