Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty

To: Helmut Mueller <helmut@photo42.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:06:10 -0400
This is actually a very good point, and expecting 100% accuracy during log
checking is not always possible.

I read the book "Contact Sport" that covers the 2014 WRTC.  Clearly, we are
dealing with top-level competitors, and a LOT of effort went into log
checking.  It was amazing to see how much effort went into the process, and
the end result.

Yes - this was only a subset of all the logs for the contest, and clearly,
the stakes were very high for both participants and organizers.  Expecting
this level of effort to be put into every log in every contest is simply
not possible.  I think this is where this statement came from - ensuring
the correct finishing order for the participants, rather than the exact
score.

Tom - VE3CX