Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty

To: Wes Jennings <wjennings2011@hotmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:01:41 -0700
“why would anyone not want a q or work for a q and contesting…”

It depends on how serious you are about maximizing your score. If you think
there is a 90% chance that a Q will be busted (and you will be penalized more
than that Q for an error) then you likely won’t take the chance. If you are
just operating for the fun of it (which is what I do) then no big deal: you try
as best you can and if you get it wrong you take the hit and not worry about it.

Like they say, “it depends…”

Ken K6MR