Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Passing of Milt N5IA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Passing of Milt N5IA
From: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:15:30 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
  Milt was an outstanding 160 meter operator.  I first ran into him when KB5UL
talked him into the CQ 160 Contest in the early 1990's.  Milt got on and worked
so many be beat out UL for New Mexico High Score.

He was counted on to bring in a big score from NM and from his club station
just over the boarder in AZ.  We both liked the Yaesu FT-980 back then.  His
VP6 160 operation several years ago made a big splash on top band.

Milt maintained several repeaters mainly across AZ.

RIP Milt you will be missed.

73 Dave K4JRB
Retired CQ 160 Contests Director