[CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:05:37 -0400
I have to say this subject has been beat to death for years. There have been
numerous suggestions for rule changes that always fall on deaf ears. The CQ
Contest committee seems to operate like the American government - secretively
and they know what's best for us. Plus the replies from those who enjoy an
advantage are pretty predictable.

A few points:

Yes, the activity has grown but most of those participants are causal or just
DXers trying to work new counties. The CQWW contests are held at the prime time
of the year when DX propagation is the best. Combine that fact that you have
all these Dxpeditions have pretty good operators and you can work a lot of DXCC
countries really fast!

I like the choice of the committee. These guys are all accomplished operators
and have won before. Just a fluke they all came from NJ. Although maybe some
guys to get out more since you're losing your sense of humor? :)

Someone made a comment that people going to places like PJ, P4 etc might not go
anymore? NOT!! People will still go to these places because of the good
propagation they enjoy. I've been going to PJ4A for CQWW CW for many years. We
figured out that we really have no chance to win because we just don't have the
resources the top competitors in the mult operator categories have. But we
still go and operate in those categories, do our best and in the end have FUN!
It's really going to be fun this year when you might have a dead band on 10 and
maybe 15 meters and all you hear is us? I just love those captive audiences!

Jeff KU8E

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid