[CQ-Contest] contest restructing

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] contest restructing
From: Bill via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 04:58:40 +0000 (UTC)
To VE9CB: I'm not sure of the relevance of your post. If I was a VE9 with no
listed
QTH on QRZ.com, in the CQWWSSB I would just sit on 21.195, 14.145 and 7.080 and
have
a good ole time running EU with no pesky W/K QRM. Life is GOOOOOOOD !

To WF3C: In the pre-internet, pre-gaming world, the JA runs were amazing.
Especially
on SSB. That is how the Left Coast was able to compete. Those days are gone.

As the solar flux/sunspots plummet, CT1BOH's suggestions are very interesting.

Out here on the left coast, the "48 hour" CQWW contests usually only have 25
hours
of actual "DX" propagation at the solar minimums (not counting the huge pile-ups
on some poor Sunday afternoon 15M PY/LU sending 15 wpm)

The next 4-5 years won't be that much fun in CQWW

73, Bill KO7SS