Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW madness

To: Jim Stahl <jimk8mr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW madness
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:50:03 -0700
Again, here is an existing distance based 80-10m contest. Instead of
conjecturing you could just try it this October and see how it plays.
Scoring is weighted with more points given for the lower bands:

http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/The_Makrothen_Contest/The_Makrothen_Contest.html

Points are km and 40m contacts are multiplied by 1.5 and 80m by 2.0.

This contest is supported by the major logging programs and I expect it
would be relatively simple to adapt to other modes.

I don't know that reverse weighing for nearby high band contacts makes
sense. It would tend to favor stations that happen to have altitude and a
population within line of sight. I'd love it since I operate at
6500feet/2000m ASL, but that seems counter to what is desired here.

73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com