Re: [CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New hamvention location
From: Radio KØHB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 05:47:04 +0000
Rudy, DARA has been staging the Dayton Hamvention since 1952.  It’s a local ham
club, not a professional “event coordinator”.  A bunch of volunteers in a small
Midwestern city, without a big glitzy “convention center”, without professional
convention organizers, without a huge hotel room inventory, and burdened with a
poor physical facility, have managed to keep the Hamvention (the largest ham
gathering in the world) going for all of these years.

So now they’ve hit a rough spot in the road, losing their facility (such as it
was), and have scrambled to replace it and keep the event alive.

Since there is no other “DARA” out there volunteering to stand up a new
organization in a better location, how about the ham community quit their cheap
sniping from the sidelines, wish the boys and girls of DARA good luck in their
transition, and make their reservations for next May.

That’s what I am doing.

73, de Hans, KØHB
"Just a boy and his radio"™