Re: [CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New hamvention location
From: John E Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 10:22:23 -0400
On Aug 2, 2016, at 15:51, Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> It will be interesting to see how the new Hamvention location works out. I'm
> just wondering if they have rooms where the forums can take place or if they
> will relocate them? N2IC mentioned there was a nearby high school. If you
> remember there was a year that the contest forum at Dayton was held at a high
> school down the street from Hara. Maybe they will do the same in Xenia?

I took the exams for Advanced and Extra Class license in Dayton, April 30,
1978. The test sessions were held at the high school.

> Many of you might not know but back in 1974 Xenia was practically leveled
> during a major tornado breakout.
> http://www.libraries.wright.edu/special/ddn_archive/2011/04/19/xenia-tornado-of-1974/

I remember that memorable tornado event. I’m in Wooster, OH, about 150 miles
from Xenia as the crow flies; I read about paper debris found in our local area
identified as having come from a financial institution in Xenia.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com