[CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com,
Subject: [CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?
From: <kr2q@optimum.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 18:02:23 GMT
I am certainly not the first to state the obvious, but it is worth repeating.

What sense does it make to cheat to qualify for WRTC where cheating is
impossible thanks to
good rules, real time observers, and meticulous log reviews post-contest with
excellent
post-contest decisions as "new" situations arise.

Without pointing fingers (I don't have enough fingers), qualifying is, sadly,
already a lot like the
real Olympics.  Time to clean both up.

I wish all contests had the resources to follow Ranko's suggestions.  Even
better, I wish all
entrants would simply follow the rules and the spirit of contesting.

de Doug KR2Q