Re: [CQ-Contest] K9YC, WRTC, deep pockets

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K9YC, WRTC, deep pockets
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 21:23:32 +0300
What Ranko proposed was that the potential qualifiers will commit to letting
anybody into their station for inspection at any time during any qualifying
contest (ideally this should still be agreed and authorized by sponsors
beforehand). There are local contesters who are ready to do that without any
financial support from contest sponsors!

Sponsors would probably just need to set some standards as to what is
expected from the voluntary inspectors (e.g. recommended video and audio
recording with simple handheld camera/phone and documenting the RF path,
etc). As I understand there are many contesters in e.g. Balkan region who
are frustrated enough and ready to do that so we should give them chance to
enable the self-regulation of the contesting scene.

73
ES5TV