Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run

To: Timothy Holmes <taholmes160@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run
From: Jeff Draughn <n0ost99@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 06:44:28 -0500
There's lots of online information, check out some of the videos from
contest university, several years worth on YouTube videos it has lots of
good information, improving your station, your antennas and techniques.
There's a good presentation here from the Potomac Valley radio club, PVRC.
http://pvrc.org/news.htm
Run Search and pounce and work everything you can hear  for the biggest
part of the contest later in the contest or late at night try calling CQ
most of the stations will have worked every body and you'll be a new
contact for them.
Antennas are the name of the game that's been my downfall but any kind of
improvement you can make in your antennas will pay dividends in your score.

Good Luck,
73, Jeff