Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run

To: "Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 17:13:18 -0400
Hello all,

Things are a bit different, here on the East coast. Everything that has been said is right on the money. 20m is the money band during daylight; now that 15m and 10m are a figment of my imagination. I know it is time to move to 40m when most of my replies to CQ are from W6 & W7 and the simple TH6DXX at 50feet needs to be pointed northwest instead of due west. My first three hours were about 300 qsos of just running. Nothing special here in the way of an antenna. I never used the 4el monobander at 92 feet!

40 meters is slow to run until hour number 5 when more of the midwest comes through; but when a run starts, the higher rates are possible until the west coast arrives around 0100z. I usually finish on 80m and 160m around 0400z. Note...very little off time is taken because the last 2 hours are usuall non-productive.

Carol
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Lott" <lottsphoto@gmail.com>