Re: [CQ-Contest] "D1WW"

To: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "D1WW"
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:18:56 -0400
OK, let's put this to bed. Regardless of what I believe, I should not have termed the Donetsk regime to be "illegal" on a ham forum - as has been amply pointed out, this isn't the place either to condemn or defend what Russia has done.

But... let's be very clear. The RBN *is notand will not* "adjudicate" anything. We rely entirely on CW Skimmer, Skimmer Server, and RTTY Skimmer Server to make decisions on what to spot.

I have just discussed this with Alex, and now understand his approach. The Skimmer programs do indeed contain code that excludes any calls that are not on the ITU allocation table from being spotted. However, a few exceptions are made, based solely on whether a station is active on the ham bands - for example, 1A, 1B and Z6 calls are spotted.

We'll just have to wait and see.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check