Re: [CQ-Contest] "D1WW"

To: Bosko Milankov <yt7ty@mts.rs>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "D1WW"
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:18:07 -0600
The 1st major difference is that D1 is located in an area that by my understanding is now controlled by Russia and not Ukraine but contested by Ukraine. Z6 is inside Serbia and Serbia has allowed the results of their elections to be. Z6 is contested yet in a way supported by Serbia. D1 appears to be supported by Russia and the Crimea area that is highly contested by Russian and Ukraine.

D1, Crimea, Kosovo are all political situation so there is no way to leave the politics out of it.

Z6 is part of the IARU at this point from what I can research. Has D1 applied to be part of the IARU? If so then maybe they will be included?

If I renounce being a part of the State of Colorado can I be my own country too? What does it take to be recognized as a "real" country. Not much since a pile of rocks in the middle of the ocean that are above the water most of the time are somehow a country........

I am surprised that the Indian Reservations have not picked up on this and ran with it. Just think of all the new countries we could have in NA~!

W0MU