Re: [CQ-Contest] Time saver

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time saver
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 03:55:47 -0000
I thought about this a number of times this past weekend. The quality of
RTTY operating continues to improve.  I remember a few years ago when an 70
to 80 hour using one radio was pretty good.  I had a number of times over
100/hour this year.  Mostly due to people being much more efficient in how
they send the info.

The one exception is the number of times people send their call when they
respond to a CQ.  In almost every case, sending the call only two times was
enough.  The third and fourth times were just wasting time.  I did most of
my calls to other stations with just sending my call once or twice.  It was
rare to need more.

CQWW RTTY is really fun.  With more activity and sharper operating, it can
be even more so.

Randy, K5ZD