Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 16:51:27 +0300
Zack et al ..

Let's see what needs defining ..

> Apparently there are people who think that something like:
>
> Operator > control > radio > antenna > repeater > *internet* > repeater >
> antenna > control > operator

This is a typical VUHF repeater setup for a repeater QSO.
Right?

There are such equipment on at least also 10m band.
Using those repeaters is not according to the CQ WW rules as the repeater
antennas, receiver and transmitter are not located at the station.

> is the same thing as
>
> Operator > control > radio > antenna > antenna > radio > control > operator

This setup is a direct radio2radio QSO that does not have the repeater in
between.
This is a valid setup.

Please note, also

Operator > control > computer > network > computer > radio > antenna >
antenna > radio > control > operator

is a valid setup as the 'radio > antenna > antenna > radio' connection is
there.
This is the key for a legit contest QSO.

In case there is 'radio > antenna > antenna > radio' on the frequency and
mode defined by the contest rules, that is all you need for a legit QSO to
increase the score.

73,
Jukka OH6LI