Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

To: Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 09:09:09 +0300
Also I am missing something.

The radio2radio QSO is.

Adding some more wire or anything fabricated between the operator and poewr
amplifier output is just an add-on that adds to complexity and subtracts
from MTBF.

I have, between my lips and my transmitter, I have a bunch of relays,
capacitors and a transformer or two.
And there is a computer, it's whole infrastructure whatever there is ..
I had a computer that used two sound cards. When on phone, my spoken signal
went into one and came out from the other sound card before entering the
radio,

And, when using computer voice keyer, it was all bits and going to the
radio in some sort pieces.

Adding something between the operator and the final driving computer before
the signal enters the final amplifier is a worse and more complex
installation than a case where a person speaks to microphone which is
directly coupled to some tube grid modulating the wave .. which would be
the other extreme.

Any of these add-ons does not and will not remove the radio2radio
connection we need to make a legit QSO.

73,
Jukka OH6LI