Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 09:28:13 -0600
I agree 100 percent.

I have also contacted the WRTC and received and immediate answer that they are aware of the issues with RDXC and are in discussions about what to do.

I have also got the run around from RA3AUU. I would like to know who the other RDXC officals are. It might appear that RA3AUU could be calling all the shots. Could it be that he is not forwarding on our concerns to the other officials if there are indeed others?

There has to be enough proof that the majority of the community feels that indeed a contest sanction of a DQ or reclassification was justified. I have a bit of an issue with the reclassification. If you claimed one thing and it is proven that you operated another you should be DQed. Reclassification is today's equivalent of politically correct by giving someone a way out to save face or embarrassment. The only lesson learned by this is that yes indeed you can get away with cheating. Sorry, if you cheat and get DQed there should be serious consequences even in a hobby radio sport.

W0MU