Re: [CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts

To: Contest List <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts
From: Mike Ritz <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 19:14:47 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----

From: n1ix@n1ix.com
To: "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 9:54:44 AM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts

The second is easier to answer, a "dit dit" is a lot shorter than sending a
"TU".....

73;
Mike
W7VO

Speaking of things that drive me nuts:

Sending an additional "TEST" at the end of a CQ. IE "CQ TEST N1IX N1IX
TEST"

This seems to be a rather recent phenomenon. I do mostly S&P and invariably
I send my call on top of the last "TEST".

It would be a lot easier if everyone sent a standard "CQ" string.

Also, what's with the "dit dit" in response to a successful QSO.

Dave N1IX