Re: [CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 22:43:35 -0500
I have seen similar discussions many times on the RTTY list.  For some
reason on that mode CQ is typically sent after the callsign. The skimmer
guys have worked on avoiding bad spots due to this practice however I think
it still occurs.

So Doug, if you send TEST KR2Q and I tune across at the end of your
transmission I will only copy KR2Q.  I do not know if you are calling CQ or
in a QSO, at least I can check to see if we previously worked while I wait
for another transmission.

If you send KR2Q TEST and I tune across at the end of your transmission I
will only copy TEST. I know that someone is CQing but I do not know who it
is so I have to wait for another transmission.

I seems like either way I need to hear the whole sequence before I can
attempt to make a QSO. I prefer to end a CQ with my callsign and I have made
many QSOs without even sending CQ or TEST, just my callsign.

John KK9A - P40A