Re: [CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>, Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>, "w1ve@yccc.org" <w1ve@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] signing TEST at the end...not so bad
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 05:04:46 +0000
Like so many correctly express:

Is this really a problem or indeed a "who cares issue"?

If there was a QSO-template that forced us all to sound identical and
predictable - would that make contesting more fun?

I started out many years ago as a Rookie with "CQ TEST DE SM6LRR SM6LRR
TEST".

After several steps of "evolution", my standard CQ is now:  TEST RM2D

When pile is slow, it could occasionally be TEST RM2D RM2D

Does repetition of call twice, always increase rate? No. That's why I
sometimes alternate between the two.

My advise: Work lots of contest, enjoy the fun, be attentive on operator
patterns. Soon you will know who ends with a TEST and who doesn't....

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)