Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:06:12 +0000 (UTC)
In the NAQP mults are a big deal since they count on every band. It can pay off
to look for openings at unusual times (like Es late at night on 10m). If a
large fraction of the stations were using spotting networks, I think it would
make the contest less interesting. Yes, more unusual band openings would be
found and passed on to everyone via the spotting network, but there would be
less incentive and strategy involved in finding them. It would also affect
those choosing not to use the spotting network, because assisted stations would
ask them to qsy to other bands.

Multi stations can currently use spotting, but they also can't do an unlimited
number of qsy's to different bands.

So please leave the rules as they currently are.

TorN4OGW

    On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:49 PM, Richard F DiDonna NN3W