Re: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC

To: ku8e@bellsouth.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 08:26:26 -0600 (CST)
 Jeff,

This may sound more awkward than it is intended, but with no disrespect or
criticism towards the CQ WW contest committee intended or implied...

I would certainly hope that they take a DQ situation seriously, and  past
evidence is that they do.

But I find it... curious, for lack of a better term, that in recent weeks,
we've had two different operators express basically the same concern over
basically the same issue, to wit, allegedly being DQ'd due to issues with
alleged self-spotting.

(And I say "alleged" because I have no personal knowledge of the details, or
the workings of the committee, not because I doubt anyone)

With that in mind, I have to wonder, and this is pure speculation on very
limited information, if there is actually another issue at the root cause -- a
misinterpretation, perhaps, or a language mistranslation, or something along
those lines?

There must be more to the story.  Whether or not we will ever be privy to it --
or should be -- well, that's another story.

73, ron w3wn