Re: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC

To: Jamie WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>, Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:04:21 -0600
I read the book. I thought it was an ok read, but really fell short in explaining the reasoning behind that decision. I suppose it was done that way to protect those involved.

Not only to make that decision to find out later that the contact actually existed. What exactly did they think happened there? Did that team have some sort of clandestine sched with an SV5 and then told him to work a few other people?

They had the proof in a recording. What more would they need. Why the doubt? Who cast the doubt and for what reasons? I was not really paying attention to radio at the time was there ever an apology or statement from the WRTC folks?

These questions and answers really should have been in the book.