[CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC
From: Jeffrey Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 21:07:49 +0000 (UTC)
I think this is at least the 3rd time I can think of that someone who has been
disqualified in a CQWW contest that has tried to plead their case on the
contest reflector. This isn't the correct forum to do that and I don't think
you're going to get you much sympathy. The issue should be private between the
contest adjudicator and the station in question. I know in the past they have
been willing to work with a station who they suspect broke the rules and maybe
persuade them have their submitted log reclassified as a check log.
 We are hearing only one side of the story when the accused party posts
something on the reflector criticising the contest sponsor. How do we really
know what they are saying is really true? I'm not saying that the person in
question broke a rule purposely. It could be something as simple as not
understanding the rules that can get you DQed.
The CQWW Contest committee consists of a bunch of well respected contesters
that have been doing this a long time. They aren't going to go and DQ anyone
for making one mistake. I believe when they see a pattern that is inconsistent
with the rules is when they consider a DQ.
Jeff