Re: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC
From: ".. VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 01:48:35 +0000
> Because I do not want the methods of they way they are finding
> cheaters exposed so that the cheaters can modify their behavior to
> beat the checks.

The only way to known if a detection method is valid is for it to be
open for public scrutiny.

This why in 2008 José, CT1BOH and I, wrote a full description of a
technique we developed to determine if SOAB, SOAB assisted and MS CQWW
cw logs could be differentiated from each other to confirm the class in
which a log was entered.

http://users.sussex.ac.uk/~sylvank/pubs/2RE%20signatures.pdf

And comments about the contesting.com were encourage

http://www.contesting.com/articles/913

IMHO - Any technique that is used by any contest committee should be
open to full scrutiny of the contest community so everyone can be
assured that the methodology is robust.

The CQWW should be encourage to become more transparent in the methods
they used to DQ a station

Syl - VE5ZX