Re: [CQ-Contest] Ea8's banned from RBN? Hmmm

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ea8's banned from RBN? Hmmm
From: EA8URL <ea8url@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:55:26 +0000
Please  check my post again, I NEVER SAID EA8´s ARE BANNED FROM RBN. I know how
it works RBN and i use from 2010 or 2011 what im saying it is different. Im
talking about the LPL BRIDGE from RBN to Classic cluster.

I copy this comment by Ria Jairam:
"""In CW contests, RBN and private skimmers will automatically pick you up and
spot you on the cluster networks, courtesy of W3LPL and others. This is
essentially the same as self-spotting because nobody has to work you for
you to be spotted, and as soon as you are detected by one of these robots
(RBN or skimmer) you are automatically put on the cluster.""""

And this is my opinion:

>>My 1st email.

This is quite interesting, talking about unfair.....
Uncommon  DXCC countries are usually spotted in this way, specially OC, AS, SA,
Africa.

It is quite frustrating when you're running in a contest and every 10 minutes
there are spots from other countries of your continent but you don't !!!

Example:  ALL African stations are spotted in this way EXCEPT EA8 !!!

The EA8s are banned from the system I don't know why, but it is very easy to
check.

I trough to qualify to WRTC, I miss some log and I didn't work all time all
contest, but all these things are by my fault but there it is another
circumstances.....I check how ALL other stations from AF are automatically
spotted every 10 min and no EA8 stations are spotted.
It is this self-spotting?
It is this CQoIP?
Should them be DQ?

For me it is just unfair, we haven't all the same opportunities to be spotted.
We have to be all or no one, but no few ones, in this way it is UNFAIR.

73 !!

>>My 2nd email

Hello Jim and Mike.

For dx, multiOP and assisted i always use VE7CC without filters, i really like
how it works.

What i really mean it is as LPL and others take spots from RBN and send to the
classic system, the all time cluster.  They filter what DXCC will be spotted
from RBN to classics cluster, and that's it can be a great tool for dxing but
not for contesting.

Stations from rare locations will be spotted every 10 minutes and other from
the same zone will be not spotted, never ever :((. That's what i feel like
unfair. All the stations will not spotted in the same level on the classics
clusters, and that will bring a great advantage to few ones against another
ones.

If you check  https://dxheat.com/db/W3lpl/ you can see how there it is 59583
spots from African stations, a 13% of LPL total spots, well there it is no one
from EA8.

If we are in a competition and im spotted and you not, there will be a
difference in the results too, and we are not in the same game.

Im not against LPL system, it is very useful, but shouldn't be filtering
stations during a contest, so all or no one have to be spotted, if there will
be too much stations from RBN to classics one, in that way it can be OFF during
contest time or just spotting WARC bands.

What you will think If there are  59583 spots from your continent competitors
and 0 from you?
Do you think it is a fair game for everyone in the same continent?

TNX and 73 de Juan
EA8RM / EF8R
EF8U Manager

COMMENT: I hope will be clear im not talking about EA8´s are banned from RBN,
i´m talking about EA8´s are banned in the bridge from RBN to the classic
cluster by LPL system, this is an dissadvantage.

Enviado desde mi iPad