[CQ-Contest] "Packet ruined ham radio"

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] "Packet ruined ham radio"
From: Greg Surma <k8gl@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:56:25 +0000 (UTC)
I echo Art's observation.
We must also take advantage of "Super-Check partial" and not be reclassified as
Assisted.  This one I will never understand.
Every one should send slower so that I can catch up.  Never mind that I don't
want to operate in the many State or local QSO Parties that help up and coming
contesters learn the art of CW.
Oh those horrible cut numbers! I make it miserable for all those who dare send
them!
Please help me learn how to send so that I might satisfy the RBN and skimmers.
Supposedly Henry Ford had a famous quote hanging on his wall that read "He who
chops his own wood is warmed twice".  I am reminded of this quotation every
time I pick up and work a non-spotted 5R8SV or 9M6XRO while they have no
callers.  This past weekend I heard (and failed to work) a VU2 on 20 meters who
was begging for contacts in the ARRL Contest. He gave up after a dozen tries.
This begs the question: "If a VU2 calls CQ on 20 and nobody spots him.....?"
My two cents.
Greg K8GL