Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 21:42:46 -0500
CX6VM writes:
> you must read the rules, what are you doing that you didn't read the
rules,
> thats very bad!, (just a joke), as the rules say, all logs are public

No, not all logs are made public. Look at rule V.D. which seems
particularly applicable to logs converted to checklogs:

"Checklog: Entry submitted to assist with the log checking. The entry will
not have a score in the results and the log will not be made public."

My note... I have participated in CQ WW contest for many consecutive years,
and I think I'm a stickler for the fine points of the rules, and even I
discover new things about the rules all the time. For example I've been
making audio recording of my assisted entries on the off chance that I
might someday be in the top 3 of some category and they might ask me for
them. And then I found out that because rule V.A.1. is only for unassisted
that I never had to do that.

Tim N3QE